30 December 2008

Twitter Guilt

I have to confess two things:

1. I have made it a point since beginning with Twitter to always send a personal thank you to ever single person who follows me. I have also looked at every profile so I could say something unique to that person in my thank you. Lastly, I have consciously make a choice as to who I follow back based on bio's, pictures, content, etc...I am not a big believer in auto-following. In fact, we just had a discussion going about his tonight on Twitter. So here is confession number one.

I got behind. REALLY, REALLY behind. I had over 150 new emails in my inbox telling me about new followers. Every day I would say "tomorrow". Tomorrow I will thank each one and look at each profile. Every day it was more overwhelming. So today I went against my own system. I set up an auto-thank you and and auto-follow and that is what I used for the last week's worth of new followers. I'm sorry if you were one of them. Please do not take it personally. I figure that an auto-thanks is way better than no thanks at all, and that's where things were heading.

I really do feel guilty. Is there a support group for Twitter-guilt? If you are someone who followed me in the week between Christmas and New Years, please understand. I will look for your tweets and take extra time to respond personally over the next few days. Thank you.

2. This is a good one for guilt. Twitter is fun. It is more fun than anything else I do online. My husband asked me tonight if it's good business or just good fun. So here is the amazing part. In the short time I've been tweeting on twitter (about 6 weeks), I've developed more business contacts than in 6 months using other forms of social media. So guilt...more fun, more business. I once heard that work was supposed to be hard. LOL!!

No comments:

New FTC Guidelines

Some items on this site may be affiliate items. Be aware that the author of this blog may receive commissions on some of the products and links appearing in this blog.